The Perfect Cheap Date
August 17, 2010
When my husband and I were first dating, we were poor. Most couples (except the Cullens) are when they are starting out. One of the things we would do is go to the library and browse, sometimes together and sometimes separately. These library visits are some of our favorite dating memories.
Here are the top ten reasons why a library date is a great date:
- It’s a lot safer than roller skating
- Read the book and watch the movie together. See MCPL's Based on the Book to get some ideas.
- Cookbooks. You can make this into a three part date: Get a cookbook, go shopping for ingredients, and then make an affordable gourmet meal. Very impressive.
- Impress your date with your small carbon footprint. Using the library is ‘green’. It’s all recycled material!
- A library is a natural for a study date.
- Look for music together and listen to it at home – no commitment! To the music, I mean.
- We like having people hang around and not spend money.
- Books will always complement your outfit.
- People watching is a great conversation starter.
- You can find out a lot about someone by which superhero they follow.