November Is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month!
November 19, 2012
Here are some interesting facts about peanut butter:
- The peanut is not a nut, but a legume, related to beans and lentils.
- Peanuts and peanut butter contain over 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12 oz. jar of peanut butter.
- There are enough peanuts in one acre to make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches.
- Women and children prefer creamy, while most men opt for chunky.
- Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
All these facts were taken from the National Peanut Board website. If you're a peanut butter lover, check out Peanut Butter Lovers.com to read about the history, facts, and recipes using peanut butter. Also, check your local MCPL branch for books about peanut butter.
Blue Springs South Branch