Need an Afternoon Energy Boost?
September 20, 2012
We all have days when our energy level drops. We just barely manage to push through, but it’s not fun. I personally don’t think energy drinks are very safe…and the crash from extra caffeine isn’t healthy either.
So, I researched our natural energy source: food. An afternoon snack can be that extra boost, if you choose the right snack.
Here are some suggestions that I found on the Internet:
- Yogurt—it has Vitamin B that helps your body convert other nutrient into energy.
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Peanut butter
- Orange juice
- Try this power combo: a tablespoon of Peanut Butter and a cup of Orange Juice.
Check out these books for more ideas on boosting your energy!
- Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, & Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body
- Real Food All Year: Eating Seasonal Whole Foods for Optimal Health and All-Day Energy
- Energy to Burn: the Ultimate Food and Nutrition Guide to Fuel Your Active Life
- 100 Great Lite Bites: High Energy, Fast Food, Naturally Healthy
North Oak Branch