National Cookie Day
December 02, 2013
The temperature is dropping, and it seems like everyone is out shopping. We might not ever get a moment's peace in all of this holiday bustle and hustle.
December is chock FULL of holidays and occasions, but sometimes we forget to take a minute or two to make some memories with those we love. With so many holidays crammed into the month, I love to remember one of the obscure ones... December 4th is National Cookie Day!
Most of my favorite holiday memories growing up involved flour, sugar, and spending time with my Gran. So, even though this holiday is a Wednesday (and even though I can't have wheat flour anymore), I will be inspired to take some time to make cookies with the friends and family I love. I will share the goodies and the recipes, in the days to come, and I will even share a story or two about cookies, as well. So, take just an hour this week (because, of course, I will continue celebrating well into the weekend) between all the shopping, and dashing, and wrapping, and driving, and chasing, and planning to bake something with love and share it with someone you know.
Cook up some of your own memories by sharing some of these cookie recipe and story books today!
- Celebrating Cookies by Susan White Sullivan
- Big Fat Cookies by Elinor Klivans
- Gluten Free Cookies by Luane Kohnke
- Gluten-Free Sweets and Treats: Cakes, Brownies, Cookies, and More by Emma Goss-Custard
- Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- The Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book by Camilla V Saulsbury
- Olivia Sells Cookies by Natalie Shaw
- The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems
- The Cow Loves Cookies by Karma Wilson
Youth Services Department