Name That Author
March 21, 2011
This is the first in my blog series called "Name That Author." In this blog, I will give you obscure clues about an author to see if you can guess who it is. Play along by posting your guesses, and by all means, please post other unusual or fun facts you may know about the featured author. If you are the first to correctly name the author, your prize is that you were the first to correctly name the author.
Alright, let’s get started:
- I was born on March 22, 1908, in Jamestown, ND, the youngest of seven children.
- My sister, Edna, was a librarian at The Alfred Dickey Free Library.
- I was a professional boxer and coached several successful Golden Glove teams.
- I was also a hobo and traveled the world visiting such places as England, Japan, Borneo, Arabia and Panama.
- I left school in the 10th grade and between 1928 and1942, I read more than 150 nonfiction books a year.
- I was the favorite author of this blogger’s dad in the Western genre.
Good luck, and look for the correct answer in my next blog.
Blue Springs North Branch