March Storytime Fun
March 12, 2013
Hello, spring is here! Well, maybe not quite! The first day of spring is March 20th, right around the corner. I have enjoyed the snow and so have my kids! It has been a while since they have been able to play in the snow. But soon it will all melt away, and we’ll see new buds on the trees and green grass!
Come to storytime and enjoy songs and books about spring, spring holidays, and warm weather. Come to Baby Storytime on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. and do the Bunny Pokey. "You put your bunny ears in, you put your bunny ears out, You put your bunny ears in and shake them all about. You do the Bunny Pokey and hop yourself around, that’s what it’s all about!"
Check out a few titles for your enjoyment this spring and Easter season:
- God Made Spring by Holley Gerth
- Here Comes Spring and Summer and Fall and Winter by Mary Murphy
- It’s Spring by Jimmy Pickering
- Easter Sparkling Surprise by Elizabeth Spurr
- Owen’s Marshmallow Chick by Kevin Henkes
- Max’s Chocolate Chicken by Rosemary Wells
- A Very Special Easter by John & Wendy
- 10 Easter Egg Hunters by Janet Schulman
- Benny’s Chocolate Bunny by Janee Trasler
- Lamb’s Easter Surprise by Christine Taylor-Butler
Another fun activity is this Kitty and Bunny Fingerplay:
- Here is kitty
(Make a fist with one hand)
- Here is a bunny
(Hold up other hand with pointer and middle fingers up straight)
- See his tall ears so pink and funny?
(Wiggle the two extended fingers)
- Kitty comes by and licks his face
(Extend thumb and wiggle near the bunny)
- And around and around the garden they race
(Make circular motions with hands)
- And then without a single peep
They both lie down and go to sleep (fold hands).
Hope to see you there!