March Is National Noodle Month
March 03, 2011
March is National Noodle Month. This month, we can celebrate by trying new noodle recipes or by making those classic noodle recipes.
Some books about noodles that you may want to check out include:
- Lotsa Pasta by Michele Anna Jordan
- 70 Simple Noodle Recipes by Kit Chan
- 101 Things to do with Ramen Noodles by Toni Patrick
- Noodles: The New Way by Sri Owen
Some interesting facts about noodles:
- Since 3,000 B.C., Chinese people have been making noodles and other pastas.
- Most pasta and noodles differ slightly because noodles contain egg.
- According to the Food Guide Pyramid, a single serving of noodles is ½ cup.
Some fun crafts you could do with your family include:
- Making yarn pasta creatures with yarn, plastic forks, and mod-podge. Your children can decorate their pasta creatures with colored yarn for mouths and googly-eyes. Use dried pasta noodles to make jewelry. Your children can paint or color the individual noodles and then string the noodles on yarn to make necklaces.
Try some of these exciting ways to celebrate National Noodle Month with your family!