Make Waves with the Teen Summer Reading Program!
June 29, 2010
Are you bored? Tired of complaining there's nothing to do? Check out MCPL's Summer Reading Program. There are a few changes to the program this year:
- Goals are earned by time spent reading this year (instead of number of books read)
- All sign-up and reading logs are available online, so no paper forms are necessary
- There are 3 goals, 360 minutes each (or 6 hours), which is about 1/2 hour a day for 2 weeks
- The first 2 goals earn readers their choice of books, and the 3rd goal gets you a special prize: a 101 piece Art Set, a 1 Gig flashdrive, or a copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!
- Teens can enter a book review for any titles you enjoyed (or didn't enjoy), and rate it from 1-5
- Reading to others counts towards your minutes, including reading to siblings
- All titles should be checked out from a Mid-Continent Library branch
Get signed up today! The last day to participate and pick up your prizes is July 31st.Tags: summer reading program, reading