To Lead, to Follow, or to Listen?
December 10, 2012
Have you tried any of the leadership books or CDs at MCPL? What a great way to spend quiet time, empowering yourself by listening to audiobooks.
Leadership is a word that evokes fear in some and strength in others, but something that is done in almost all aspects of life. From running a household to running a business, there is a leader. Hey, there is the game "Follow the Leader" and the awesome position of "line leader." Even animals have a leader of the pack! But, what makes a good leader? If I complete a certification program that says I am a leader – am I? Is it a trait that can be learned or is it inherent? I do learn something new every day – from my kids, from experiences, from friends, from books, and audio. Hopefully, I am at least gaining wisdom and making strides towards leadership.
Well, it is that time of year – the holidays – road trip time! It is over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house I go. I will pop in another MCPL audiobook on personal growth and see where that . . . . . LEADS me!
Try one for yourself:
- You Don't Need a Title To Be a Leader by Mark Sanborn
- Leadership Lessons of the Navy Seals by Jeff Cannon
- The Art of Influence by Chris Widener
- Carrots and Sticks by Ian Ayres
- How to Rule the World from Your Couch by Laura Day
- Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic
- A Significant Life by Jim Graff
Camden Point Branch