Kubrick Movie Marathon!
January 28, 2014
There are few film directors out there that make movies so well it compels me to watch everything they have ever made, but Stanley Kubrick is one of those directors that I would take the time to watch everything he’s done (or at least everything I can get my grubby, little hands on). I took on a “Kubrick Movie Marathon” near the beginning of the month of December, and made my way through almost the entirety of Kubrick’s repertoire of movies.
I watched what I could, and I surely don’t regret it. 2001: A Space Odyssey still mesmerizes me days on end after I’ve watched it, and Paths of Glory still leaves me shedding crocodile tears. My Kubrick Quest has left me hungry for more movie marathons! Alfred Hitchcock? Ridley Scott? What next?
Here is a list of the films I was able to watch for my "Kubrick Movie Marathon":
- Killer's Kiss (request through WorldCat)
- The Killing
- Paths of Glory (VHS and DVD available)
- Spartacus (VHS and DVD available)
- Lolita (request through WorldCat)
- Dr. Strangelove
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (VHS and DVD available)
- A Clockwork Orange (request through WorldCat)
- Barry Lyndon (VHS and DVD available)
- The Shining (request through WorldCat)
- Full Metal Jacket (request through WorldCat)
- Eyes Wide Shut (request through WorldCat)
Place your holds today, and put a notch down on your bucket list!
Blue Ridge Branch