January Is National Hot Tea Month
December 28, 2010
Tea is a beverage that can be enjoyed anytime. During the cold winter months, I drink a lot of hot tea. I love to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot tea. It’s the perfect drink for sitting and watching the snow fall. When the winter flu or cold strikes, tea is the drink for me. There is just something so comforting about the beverage.
Did you know:
- Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world, playing second fiddle only to water. It is in almost every culture, and there are literally thousands of varieties.
- Some historical notes suggest that tea has been a warm beverage companion to man for over five thousand years! Other recordings state only three thousand...but either way, that is a long time.
- There are four main types of tea which are, white, green, oolong, and black, all which are born from the same species of plant.
- Common health facts about tea show us that it is rich in antioxidants, can shield our immune systems, stop infection, and even help us shed some pounds! (What was your New Year’s Resolution?)
Want to read a tea-themed book while you enjoy a cup of tea? Author Laura Childs writes the Tea Shop Mysteries series.
- Death by Darjeeling
- Gunpowder Green
- The English Breakfast Murder
- The Jasmine Moon Murder
- Chamomile Mourning
- Blood Orange Brewing
- Dragonwell Dead
- The Silver Needle Murder
- Oolong Dead
- The Teaberry Strangler
- Scones & Bones (coming March 2011)