How Well Do You Know "A Christmas Carol?"
December 07, 2012
Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol, will play on stage and screen countless times this holiday season.
Unless you spend your holidays hiding under a rock, you've probably seen a few adaptations of Dickens' novella, even if just in bits and pieces. But how well do you really know A Christmas Carol?
Take Scrooge's Bah Hum Bug Quiz.
- What year did Charles Dickens write A Christmas Carol?
- In what did Scrooge say, "Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips" should be boiled in?
- What is Bob Cratchit's weekly wage?
- Where did Scrooge eat his dinner on Christmas Eve?
- What was Jacob Marley doomed to drag throughout all eternity as a punishment for his greed and uncaring attitude in life?
- How many years has it been since Jacob Marley died?
- What is the name of Scrooge and Marley's first boss?
- Why does Belle refuse to marry Scrooge?
- What happens to the Ghost of Christmas Present as the night advances?
- What game is Scrooge's nephew Fred playing with his guests when Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Present drop by his party?
- Name the twins introduced by the Ghost of Christmas Present.
- What trade is Bob Cratchit's daughter, Martha, apprenticing?
- How many brothers does the Ghost of Christmas Present say he has?
- Who steals items from Scrooge's bedroom after his death?
- What Christmas Spirit takes Scrooge out to a ship at sea?
- Which Christmas Spirit refuses to speak to Scrooge?
- On Christmas morning, how much does Scrooge offer the young boy if he brings back a prize turkey from the butcher shop quickly?
- What object does Scrooge declare, "I will love it, as long as I live"?
- How many minutes was Bob Cratchit late to work on Christmas morning?
- What character delivers the famous line "God bless us, every one?"
Good Luck! Get the answers next week.