How Do I Find Tax Forms?
January 21, 2011
There are numerous free options available to obtain tax products, tax preparation, and assistance in filing your tax returns:
- Download forms and instructions online at www.irs.gov
- Visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC), participating libraries, and U. S. Post Offices
- Individuals making $49,000 or less can use the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program for free tax preparation and, in many cases, free electronic filing
- Individuals aged 60 and older can take advantage of free tax counseling and basic income tax preparation through Tax Counseling for the Elderly
- IRS Free File provides options for free brand-name tax software or online fillable forms plus free electronic filing. For more information, visit IRS Free File on IRS.gov
The State of Missouri also provides online access to their tax forms. Simply select the desired form, and you can either download it and hand print the information, or fill the information out online and then print it. You can find out more information here.
Blue Springs North Branch