HMM...DID YOU KNOW??
February 01, 2012
• The first US income tax was instituted in 1862 to help fund the civil war.
• Edgar Allan Poe married his 13 year old cousin.
• The state song of Alabama is “Alabama.”
• Peanuts character Snoopy was originally to be called Sniffy.
• Men can read smaller print than women.
• On an American Airlines packet of nuts- "Instructions: Open packet. Eat nuts."
• It is estimated that 14 new words are added to the English language everyday.
• The first and only unanimously elected president was George Washington.
• The first VCR made in 1956 was the size of a piano.
All of this wonderful, weird, and probably never need to know information that you can amaze, baffle, and bore your friends with can be found right here in the library. So, check it out!
Camden Point Branch