Happy National Fun at Work Day!
April 05, 2012
Who could resist this holiday? Not this library kid! Today is National Fun at Work Day. If it's got a holiday dedicated to it, you know it's legit. So what’s that mean?
Just have fun at work! More easily said than done, right? Disagreed! There are tons of ways to have fun at work, just be creative.
You could be super creative and have a work field trip to the library for a storytime or one of our fantastic programs. BUT if you can’t get the field trip approved, here are a few fun-filled ideas to try on for size:
- Make a miniature fort out of office supplies
- Bring LEGOs in and see what awesome things you can create
- Play hide –and-seek or capture the flag among the desks or the office space (Of course depending on your space constraints you may run into a little trouble, but either game is possible)
- Spend your break making duct tape wallets, journals, or all sorts of crafts
- Playing a game of cards or a board game at lunch
- A friendly water balloon fight at the end of the day
- Reading a book while on your lunch or break with a group of coworkers (don't tell but that could also help towards your 6 in 12)
No matter what you choose to do to celebrate, just remember to have fun. And just because today is the only holiday for fun at work doesn’t mean the fun stops after today!
How would you celebrate this fantastic holiday?