The Great Gatsby
September 06, 2010
Did you know?
- F. Scott Fitzgerald was not a bestselling author during his lifetime. Less than 29,000 copies of The Great Gatsby were printed while he was alive, but currently, almost half a million copies are sold of his books each year.
- He earned money as a freelance film writer on 14 films, including two weeks on Gone With The Wind.
- He played football in high school.
- After publishing The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald took 9 years to finish his next novel.
- Fitzgerald wanted to change the title from The Great Gatsby to Under the Red White and Blue.
Want to learn more about your favorite classics like The Great Gatsby? Join us in October as we launch our new bookclub, Classics with a Twist, meeting on the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm.
Parkville BranchTags: Books, book clubs