Goodbye Dog Days Of Summer: Hello Football and Chili
September 01, 2010
Although the expression “the dog days of summer” has nothing to do with dogs, dogs have the right ideas about how to endure the sultry days of summer: pant and lie as flat on the ground as possible to avoid the heat.
During the last gasp of summer, we don’t have to pant or lie flat on the ground, but we can avoid the heat. Pour a cold glass of lemonade, head for the shade, and listen to a good audiobook about our wise friend, the dog. Cool and crisp weather, and the rich colors of autumn will be here before you know it.
- A Good Dog: the Story of Orson, Who Changed My Life by Jon Katz
- How to Raise the Perfect dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond by Cesar Millan
- Love is the Best Medicine: What Two Dogs Taught One Veterinarian about Hope, Humility, and Everyday Miracles by Nick Trout
- Scent of the Missing: Love & Partnership with a Search-and-Rescue Dog by Susannah Charleston
- Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog by John Erickson
- Ribsy by Beverly Cleary