Getting to Know Us - Your Lone Jack Staff
November 17, 2012
As we recently welcomed our new Branch Manager, I started thinking about the rest of the branch staff and realized I didn't know as much about them as I could, and that maybe you would like to know more as well. Here’s a short blog with some Qs & As.
Today we will start with our Asst. Manager - Connie K., who has been with MCPL the longest of our staff, and our newest staff member Lauren C., who just began her career with MCPL this past summer as a Page.
- How long have you worked for Mid-Continent Public Library and at which branches? Connie – "Since Jan 1987; at Robandee, Blue Ridge, and Lone Jack." Lauren - "6 months; Lone Jack."
- What is your favorite part of your job? Connie – Helping customers. Lauren – "The people that I work with! They are so much fun. There’s rarely a dull moment around here, and that’s saying something coming from a girl who shelves books for a living."
- Who is your favorite author? Connie – "I like several authors." Lauren – "L.M. Montgomery and Harper Lee are battling for that spot in the fiction category."
- What is your favorite fiction title? Connie – "I don’t really have just one." Lauren – "That is one of those unanswerable questions in life. I enjoy classic literature, so it’s hard to choose a favorite from among the greats."
- What is your favorite genre? Connie – "Christian fiction and pioneer stories." Lauren – "I enjoy classic literature, historical fiction, and christian biographies."
- What do you do in your spare time? Connie - "Reading and spending time with my children, grandchildren, and great children." Lauren – "I volunteer with special needs children doing equine therapy, and I lead a girls' discipleship ministry."
- What are your hobbies? Connie – "I have several hobbies; my favorite would be reading." Lauren – "My hobbies are horseback riding, playing piano and violin, cooking, and anything outdoorsy."
- Surprise me…..What is something I will be totally surprised to find out about you? Connie – "Growing up, I was very shy." Lauren – "I have studied 3 different instruments: piano, violin, and flute. And, I’ve dabbled in 4 others: the guitar, lap harp, bells, and the nose flute."
Hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit about two of our wonderful staff, I sure did!
Lone Jack branch