Get Motivated and Get Moving!
January 31, 2013
Do you have a New Year’s goal to get fit and lose weight? Or, like me, is it more like a fleeting notion that quickly gets tossed aside by MORE IMPORTANT THINGS? That’s how it’s been with me until yesterday, when I actually wrenched my back by side-tossing laundry into a basket. I mean, how much more incentive do I need?
I had already decided several weeks ago that I was going to make an appearance at the gym before January was out. I joined the gym with my husband two months ago – OK, he signed me up since it meant a cheaper rate. And now it was time to actually pack my bag and go. And, yes, I did whine about having to pack a bag.
My saving grace was the 8:00 a.m. staff meeting I had the next morning on my day off from work. Thanks to that early appointment, my hair was already done. I was out of the house. I had makeup on. There was no stopping me! I went to the fitness center right after the meeting (well, right after getting some protein at McDonald’s!).
I got a tour of the facility, met with a trainer (who mentioned something about liking a challenge), did some cardio and machines, and made an appointment to do it again. And again and again and again, I’m hopeful—even if my hair’s not done! But I know I’m going to need some inspiration to keep it all moving along.
Below are some books and videos that just might provide me—and you—with a great kick start!
- Get Fit and Live! by Don Colbert
- 7 Years Younger: The Revolutionary 7-Week Anti-Aging Plan by Good Housekeeping Institute
- Pilates for Fragile Backs by Andra Fischgrund Stanton
- 15-Minute Gentle Yoga by Louise Grime
- Fitness after 40: How to Stay Strong at Any Age by Vonda Wright
- 15 Minute Home Workout by Alycea Ungaro
- Shrink Belly Fat (DVD) by Denise Austin
- Kathy Smith’s Timeless Collection: Lift Weights to Lose Weight (DVD) by Kathy Smith
- Billy Blanks. Tae Bo Express: 8 Different 10-Minute Workouts (DVD) by Billy Blanks
North Oak Branch