Favorite Christmas Memories
December 20, 2010
As Christmas approaches, we all find ourselves thinking about Christmas past. Some of our favorite memories are always close in our hearts. I asked my co-workers about their favorite childhood gift memories and /or a favorite Christmas memories.
- Cynthia - My favorite gift as a child was a doll that when you held its arms up, you could help it walk. It was such a treasured gift that I still have it today.
- Wilma - I must have been a cowgirl at heart back then because my favorite gift was a pair of cowboy boots. As a child, I wore them all the time, and I actually wore them until they fell apart.
- Donna - My favorite gift that sticks out in my mind was an air hockey game. The reason I remember that it was so special was because Santa himself wrote on the box!! It said "To Doug and Donna from Santa". I was more impressed with that than the gift!!
- Phyllis - My best friend and I yearned for the almost alike boy and girl dolls at the local variety store. If we could only have them, she would name hers Beth and I would name mine Billy, and we would have so much fun taking care of them together. On Christmas morning, we met each other running on the sidewalk with our dolls yelling to each other "I got Beth!" "I got Billy!"
- Gayle - My favorite Christmas memory is being married on December 23rd after being widowed for several years. We have been married for 25 years now.
- Rhonda - I remember a year from my childhood when my dad had lost his job. We moved when he found another job. Money was tight. My sister received a pink ironing board and I received the pink iron that matched. We loved it.
Sometimes the smallest things create a lifetime memory. Don’t forget to take the time to make lasting memories this Christmas Season.
Camden Point branch