August 24, 2010
Armchair Travel-- Seven Books to Get You Started
A trip to the library is a first class ticket to books that bring us as close as we can get to actually visiting in different parts of the world. Here is a list of seven books that should whet your appetite for adventure.
- Travels with a Tangerine: from Morocco to Turkey in the Footsteps of Islam's Greatest Traveler by Tim Mackintosh-Smith.
- The Cruelest Journey: 600 Miles to Timbuktu by Kira Salak
- Shadow of the Silk Road by Colin Thubron
- Walking the Bible: A journey by Land Through the Five Books of Moses by Bruce Feiler
- Ghost Train to the Eastern Star: on the Tracks of the Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux
- In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson (Australia)
- Lost on Planet China by J. Maarten Troost
Do you have a favorite travel book you'd like to recommend? Just make your comments in the space provided below.