Family Fun With the American Girls
December 08, 2011
If you love the American Girls, then you are in the right place. MCPL has all of your favorite American Girls books, movies, and magazines.
So, if the cold weather has the family hibernating indoors and looking for something to watch on TV, check out Kit Kittredge: an American Girl or Felicity: an American Girl Adventure on DVD for a fun family movie night. However, you may be looking for something a little more interactive. MCPL has American Girl crafting books and recipe books. Samantha's Cookbook: a Peek at Dining in the Past with Meals You Can Cook Today or Addy's Craft Book : a Look at Crafts from the Past with Projects You Can Make Today are a couple of examples.
The back issues of magazines are available for check out as well. The current issue of American Girl Magazine (November December 2011) has a great idea for holiday penguin cookies.
- Start with a chocolate sandwich cookie and separate one wafer from the cream filling frosting, so you have two pieces. There is one side with cream filling and the other is a plain chocolate wafer.
- Break the chocolate wafer in half and set aside. Spread a small amount of cookie filling on the backsides of the halved circles.
- Press the two halves of the first circle onto the frosted circle to make the penguin’s wings.
- Using frosting, attach a mini sandwich cookie on top for the head.
- Attach candy sprinkles for the eyes and a piece of orange candy for the beak.
Oak Grove Branch