Ethnic Food Christmas
December 10, 2012
Tired of the same old traditional Christmas food? Try having an ethnic food Christmas!
My husband’s family has a tradition of making different ethnic food for Christmas dinner. Each person is responsible for bringing a dish. One year we did Chinese food, and I tried sticky rice for the first time. We were also able to invite some Chinese foreign exchange students. Another year we did German food, and I will never forget the delicious German chocolate cake and spicy potato salad. The next year we did French food, my personal favorite! This year we will be making Spanish food.
The Library can give you ideas for recipes and help you learn more about Christmas traditions and history around the world.
- Desserts Around the World by Lee Engfer
- Holiday Cooking Around the World by Kari Cornell
- Christmas Around the World by Emily Kelley
- Immoveable Feast: A Paris Christmas by John Baxter
- European Christmas [videorecording] [DVD ed.] featuring Rick Steves
Blue Springs South Branch