Erin's Top 5 Favorites on a Snow Day
February 25, 2013
Feeling the cabin fever already? Worry not – I have prepared a list of recommendations guaranteed to keep you happy during any possible future snow days.
Erin’s Top 5 Favorites on a Snow Day
- Harry Potter movie marathon – Start with Sorcerer’s Stone and work through Deathly Hallows part 2, and you’ve got 19 hours and 38 minutes of continuous entertainment.
- Make and eat soup – Whether you grab a can, dump it in a bowl, and heat it up in the microwave or test out a gourmet recipe, the smell, taste, and feel of hot soup always makes a snow day cozier.
- Build a snow fort – Seriously, it’s not just for little kids.
- Clean the house – Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Just kidding. Unless you’re working for major brownie points with the parents, go ahead and skip this one. Instead, get online and use AP Images to find and print pictures of all your favorite actors and actresses dressed in their best for the Oscars.
- Read a book – Duh. What’s that, you say? You didn’t make it to the library before the snow trapped you? Well, get online and download an ebook or audiobook. You can read/listen to them on almost any ereader, tablet, mobile device, mp3 player, or computer. A few of the best books I’ve read lately include Gail Carriger’s Etiquette and Espionage, Ungifted by Gordon Korman, Raina Telgemeier’s newest graphic novel called Drama, and the audiobook for Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
Have some favorite snow day activities of your own? Share them below, so we can all stay happy while stuck at home.