March 22, 2011
There’s so much material in any library that even browsing the stacks to find something interesting can take a lot of time. That’s why we have displays. The Boardwalk staff makes new displays throughout the building every month so you can easily find and checkout materials on a diverse--and changing--range of topics and reading levels. Here’s a sample of what’s on display in March:
- Using Your Noodle - Learn how to cook any and every type of pasta with the books on display near our public computers.
- March Madness - In our magazine area, you’ll also find a collection of books about the great sport of basketball.
- Cleaning - It’s time for spring cleaning, so head to this display for information on green cleaning, how to clean efficiently, and much more.
- International Women’s Month - Commemorate International Women’s Month by checking out some books or movies about women of note from across the globe. We have even more books in our biography section.
- Bugs - If it’s creepy and crawly, you can find a book about it in this display in our juvenile non-fiction section.
- Where the Wind Blows - The fierce winds of March blew in a range of great picture books about wind that kids of all ages will enjoy.
And the best thing about displays—the books aren’t just for display. All of our items are available for checkout.