September 14, 2010
Red Bridge Discovery Club started its fall season with a great program presented by Bill from Operation Wildlife. Twenty-two children, ages 7 to 16, were able to determine an owl’s diet by dissecting owl pellets. After and intensive investigation, there were discoveries of tiny skulls, jawbones, vertebra, ribs, and leg bones. The finale of the program was meeting Bambam, a five-year-old barn owl who had been rescued as an owlet after his home was destroyed. Barney and Betty, two foster parent owls at Operation Wildlife, had raised him.
The next Discovery Club will be Oct. 14th at 1:00 PM. Skeleton Puzzle will continue the bone investigations. During the program, the children will be playing games that will assist with identifying the names of the bones and their location in a human skeleton.
Registration can be done online at by following the steps listed below.
- Click on the Events link in the top of the navigation menu.
- Click on the Events advanced search link in the Events Options box.
- On the left under Search, click the drop down box on the right of the Month. Click the month you are searching for.
- Scroll down to Locations, click All Location. This will clear the location section.
- Use the scroll on the right of the Locations box to scroll down to Red Bridge. Click the Red Bridge box.
- Under Event Types, click All Event Types. This will clear the events section.
- Use the scroll on the right of the Event Types box to scroll to Discovery Club. Click on the Discovery Club box.
- Click on Find. A box with the title and description of that month's program will appear.
- Click on More Info/Register in the upper left corner. Complete the registration box.
You can also register by calling the library at 816-942-1780.
Hope to see you in October.
Red Bridge Branch