Did You Make New Year's Resolutions??
January 20, 2012
If so, have you kept all of your resolutions, or have you already failed to keep the ones you set for yourself? We have the best intentions when the New Year rolls around. Did you ever think you were setting too lofty a goal for yourself or biting off more than you could realistically accomplish?
It's not too late to begin again. How about making them simpler and easier to accomplish. Here are some suggestions:
- Exercise always seems to be one of the resolutions. Make it simple. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or ramp. It's good for building up your stamina and burning a few calories.
- Spend time with family. Turn the cell phones off for a certain amount of time each evening.
- Losing weight is also another resolution that gets broken. Instead of grabbing fast food on the way home (I know it has been a tough day and you don't feel like cooking), keep items on hand at home that you can make a quick and healthy meal from. This will cut down on all the calories you get from fast food.
- Learn something new from a source other than the Internet. Check a book out of the library. Turn off the Internet at a set time in the evening and read your book.
- Help others. Open a door for someone. Help a co-worker if you are caught up. I am sure you can think of many other things in this area that are very simple and easy to do.
These are just some suggestions of very easy resolutions you can try. By making them simpler, you stand a better chance of accomplishing your goals. Good luck.