Did You Hear the One About...?
September 20, 2010
When was the last time you enjoyed a good laugh? Everyone deserves to have some laughter in their life. Laughing improves your health. Did you know laughing heartily 100 times a day gives the same cardio results as working out for 10 minutes? Laughter produces a natural energy boost, lowers stress, and adds joy and zest to life!
With our troubled economy and national woes, you may not feel like laughing these days. Take a break from the dreariness and come to the library where fun is free! Check out an audiobook and laugh along with writers, from William Shakespeare to Tyler Perry. Whatever your style – from deadpan to gut-busting – we have it!
Remember: "Hearty laughter is a good way to jog internally without having to go outdoors" (Norman Cousins). Happy Listening!
- Bill Cosby is a Very funny Fellow, Right! by Bill Cosby
- Braindroppings by George Carlin
- Burns & Allen: Gracie Allen for President
- The CEO of the Sofa by P.J. O’Rourke
- Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
- If Life is a Bowl of Cherries What am I Doing in the Pits? by Erma Bombeck
- I’ll Mature When I’m Dead: Dave Barry’s Amazing Tales of Adulthood by Dave Barry
- Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
- Right Ho, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse