Countdown to Fun
April 09, 2013
Are you ready? Are you excited? Because we are ready and excited enough for everyone!
As school winds down, we here at MCPL gear up…for the Summer Reading Program. This year’s theme is "Dig into Reading." The following are the guidelines for this year’s Summer Reading Program.
- MCPL’s Summer Reading Program starts in 6 weeks on May 20th. The Reading Program consists of two categories: children and teens.
- The children’s category is broken down into Listeners and Readers.
- Listeners range from 0-6 years. Share 24 books with your listener to earn a free book. A total of 3 incentives may be earned.
- Readers range from 6-11 years. Readers earn a free book for every 360 minutes they read. A total of 3 incentives may be earned. A nonbook prize may be selected instead of the third book.
- The teen reader’s age range is from 11-18. Teens will be earning Library Bucks again this year. Read a book and write a review to earn a Library Buck. Library Bucks can be redeemed to pay library fines, make copies, get a replacement card, or choose from a variety of prizes. Each review will also enter you in the grand prize drawing for an eReader!
- The Summer Reading Program will end on July 31st.
I loved MCPL’s Summer Reading Program when I was a kid, and I am happy that your children can, too! Have fun digging into reading!