Celebrate National Library Week
April 13, 2011
This week is National Library Week. The theme is "Create Your Own Story @ your library". The library has always been a place where stories begin. They start whenever someone visits the library and opens a book for the first time, enriches their education through research, or discovers a passion for something new.
Ways to celebrate:
- Check out your favorite book from when you were a child.
- Read a story aloud to someone else.
- Borrow a movie to watch at home.
- Write a short story inspired by your favorite author.
- Decorate or make a book bag for library trips.
- Join one of our book clubs or start your own.
- Visit a storytime.
- Take your time finding the perfect book.
- Write a poem.
- Think about why you love the library and share it with someone else.
- Try a book you wouldn't normally read.
- Listen to an audiobook on your way to work.
- Start the novel you have always talked about writing.
- Stop by and let us know why you need your library.
- Use our online form to tell us your library story.
Platte City Branch