C Is for Cookie And That Is Good Enough for Me!
October 01, 2012
October is National Cookie Month, now I have an excuse to eat more cookies! It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t support National Cookie Month. EVERYONE likes cookies!
This would be a good time to have a cookie exchange with your friends. What a great excuse to get together with friends, taste cookies, and trade recipes. Never tried a cookie exchange? Here is what you need to do.
- Get a few people to participate.
- For every person in your group, make one dozen cookies and include the recipe with your cookies—then swap!
- You should leave with as many cookies as you brought, just different kinds.
I will be making my Rolo Cookies that everyone loves. I make them every year for friends and family, and they always ask for them. I like making them because they are simple and easy to make.
Here is the recipe if you would like to try them:
large bag of unwrapped Rolos
1 box butter pecan cake mix
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 cup of oil
Combine cake mixes, eggs, and oil in a mixing bowl and mix well. Roll the batter into a small ball. Then, add the Rolo to the middle of the batter and cover it completely. Put into the oven and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. You do not want to over bake them. Yields approx. 4 doz. (cookies are best when they are warm—so when they are cold, pop them into the microwave for about 5 sec. Be careful because the caramel can be hot sometimes.)
If you do not have a favorite cookie recipe, MCPL has many cookbooks to help you find some wonderful choices.
- Good Housekeeping. The Cookie Jar
- Cake Mix Cookies by Camilla V. Saulsbury
- Best Ever Cookie Book by Hilaire Walden
- Best of Country Cookies by Julie Schnittka
So, go find some friends to do a cookie exchange and celebrate National Cookie Month!! If you like, try my recipe and tell me what you think.
Camden Point Branch