Best of the Best
September 28, 2010
The Riverside Branch is currently hosting a display of photographs from the annual competition of the Professional Photographers Association of Kansas City which is held in February. The photographs are "The Best of the Best". The display will be at Riverside for two weeks, until October 12th.
Our resident bear is trying to decide which photo he likes best, and it is a very hard decision. Needless to say, with the advent of digital cameras, photography is "wide open". Come see for yourself. You will find it hard to believe that some of these images are really photographs. You are in for a treat, and may find inspiration for your own photo shoots.
If your digital camera defeats you, we have some excellent books to teach you about digital photography. We have nearly fifty on the shelves; look in the 775-778 sections. Here are a few you might be interested in checking out:
- I Just Bought a Digital Camera, Now What?! by Dave Johnson
- The Complete Guide to Digital Photography by Michael Freeman
- Digital Photography: an Introduction by Tom Ang
- Digital Photographer's Handbook, 4th Edition by Tom Ang
- Creating Exhibition-Quality Digital Prints by Tim Daley