Beautiful Creatures, Darkness, Chaos, and Redemption
September 22, 2012
Have you seen it yet? The stunning trailer for Beautiful Creatures has arrived! With the movie release date set for February 13, 2013, I'm already itching to get my tickets!
I can't believe that there are any teens who haven't yet picked up this dark, gothic, romance series by Kami Garcia and Maragaret Stohl (the first three books, Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, and Beautiful Chaos have built the story up to its finale - Beautiful Redemption - which will come out on October 23rd), but just in case, allow me to give you a glimpse into the storyline.
Ethan Wate has been stuck in his small, Southern hometown his entire life and--believe you me--he is miserable about it. Looking forward to nothing more than getting the heck out of dodge as soon as he gets his high school diploma, Ethan is completely caught off guard by his overwhelming attraction to the new girl in town, Lena Duchannes. Rumored to be trouble of the worst kind, Lena nonetheless captivates Ethan. The two develop a friendship and then a relationship that can only lead in a downward spiral. Lena isn't just a regular girl--she's a Caster from a very powerful and eclectic Caster family--and there are decisions and destinies ahead of her that could tear the world apart.
5 Things Erin Loves about the Beautiful Creatures Books/Movie:
- Its setting (the deep South) is lush and creepy and mystical and PERFECT.
- The actor and actress cast in the lead roles (Ethan and Lena) are NOT perfect. In fact, they actually resemble two normal-looking people instead of supermodel movie stars. (At least it looks that way in the trailer.)
- Two words: Ridley Duchannes. LOVE this character.
- Two more words: Emma Thompson. Oh man, you can't do a bad movie if this woman is in it. *cough* Harry Potter's Professor Trelawney *cough*
- One of the greatest libraries ever created exists in these books. I get shivers just thinking about it.
Eee! I'm so excited!