BBQ Battles: It Just Got Real
May 22, 2012
Brother vs. Brother. Father vs. Son. Uncle vs. Nephew.
Let the battle begin! This Memorial Day weekend, my family will be engaging in our first ever family grill-off challenge. Last summer, there was a little too much smack talk about who was the best griller, BBQ-er, and brew master; so this year, the men in my family decided to put their grilling abilities to the test. Roasted chicken, barbequed-pork steaks, grilled shrimp—all washed down with a home-brewed beer or two. Yum!
Emails have been flying back and forth laying out the ground rules. Meats have been chosen. Brews have been selected. Charcoal vs. gas grill has been declared. And it has been deemed that all judges will remain anonymous to avoid bribery attempts!
With bragging rights up for grabs, the stakes are high. To stack the deck, the guys should consider consulting some of these great Library cookbooks. Meanwhile, the rest of us will sit back and enjoy the delicious fruits of a friendly family competition!
Weber's time to grill:
- BBQ Makes Everything Better 1st Scribner hardcover ed.
- The Big Book of Barbecue Side Dishes: Over 125 Recipes
- America's Best BBQ: 100 Recipes from America's Best Smokehouses, Pits, Shacks, Rib Joints, Roadhouses, and Restaurants 1st ed.
- The Complete Homebrew Beer Book: 200 Easy Recipes from Ales & Lagers to Extreme Beers & International Favorites
- Clone Brews: Recipes for 200 Commercial Beers