And the Nominees Are...
March 20, 2012
So many of our families enjoyed reading the 2011 Missouri Building Block Award book to their kids, and it was a lot of fun getting to see which ones the kids enjoyed the most. Last year, with Pete the Cat written by Eric Litwin winning the race and becoming the new Missouri Building Block Award Winner, the bar has been set high for this coming year’s round of books.
The new group of 2012 Missouri Building Block nominees is out. This means that our kiddos have a whole new group of books to look at and read with their families. It also means that the kids, again, have all the power. They have all year to go through each of these nominee books and choose their favorites in the hopes of it becoming the next Award book. So here ya go guys, here is your next group of books, and may the best one win.
- Mitchell’s License written by Hallie Durand, illustrated by Tony Fucile
- Rrralph written and illustrated by Lois Ehlert
- I Spy with My Little Eye written and illustrated by Edward Gibbs
- The Wonderful Book by Leonid Gore
- Dog in Boots written by Greg Gormley, illustrated by Roberta Angaramo
- Hugless Douglas by David Melling
- If You’re Hoppy written by April Pully Sayre, illustrated by Jackie Urbanovic
- Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow? Written by Susan A. Shea, illustrated by Tom Slaugher
- Is Everyone Ready for Fun? Written and illustrated by Jan Thomas
- Press Here by Herve Tullet
North Oak Branch