5 Unusual Ways to Stay Cool
August 02, 2010
I love summer, but hate summer in Missouri. Is it hot or what? Try these five unusual ways to stay cool from Mother Nature Network:
- Go tropical – wear loose, lightweight cotton and linen clothing
- Chill your pulse points – running cold water over your wrists for a minute or so each hour
- Don’t eat – GRAZE – eat smaller more frequent meals
- Eat to sweat – spicy foods make you sweat without actually raising boy temp. Once your skin is damp, you’ll feel cool as the moisture evaporates
- Say cool under the covers – fill a hot water bottle with ice water. Use it to cool your ankles and the back of your knees or bag your sheets and toss them in the freezer for an hour before bed.